Monday, December 7, 2015

J-Horror

Benny Davis

Japanese Horror



Japanese horror has always been a terrifying subject for me. I hate japanese horror because it is the most horrifying of horror genres. I am not sure why, but every time something Japanese tries to scare me, it succeeds 150%.


That link, and the movie “The Grudge” terrified me. That movie legitimately gave me nightmares. Especially from the scene where the ghost lady is crawling down the stairs with her neck backwards. That gave me nightmares for years.

Another film that I would qualify as Japanese horror would be Akira Kurosawa’s “Throne of Blood”. It is a Japanese retelling of “Macbeth”. In addition to being photographically and editorially ahead of its time, this film is extremely creepy and unnerving. It is a masterpiece of cinema, and of horror.


-Benny Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment