Monday, December 7, 2015

Witches and Women in Genre

Benny Davis

Witches and Women in Genre


One of the most prominent with stories in my life was a film based on a Roald Dahl book called “The Witches”. I first saw it when I was about 7 years old or so.

It terrified me because of one scene in particular, when the main character, a boy about my age when I first saw the movie, stumbles upon a meeting of witches in an eerie hotel where he and his parents are staying. During this meeting, a bully character stumbles into the room in which the witches are congregated, and is subsequently turned into a mouse, in a transformation scene that should not have been approved for children.


If you don’t believe me, watch the scene for yourself. It is truly unnerving and uncanny. Since then, I have been very skeptical about watching witch movies, as you might imagine!


-Benny Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment